The tussle is on. The tussle between arts & academics, we see the reasonings on both sides of the contest and “our parents” primarily decide which path their child takes. This article delves into these decisions with a futuristic perspective for the child’s development.
Think of your child as a boat, the water, weather and the wind as events that influence the child’s behaviour, you are at the helm of things and in charge of steering the boat. Your authority and actions should only steer the boat taking into consideration all the factors that influence the direction of the boat. The same way you should always encourage your child to do what your child is interested in taking into consideration the factors that influence his/her behaviour and the repercussions thereof, while strong winds warrant a change in the boats sail, too much television can warrant a change in the families lifestyle.
Children should have enough freedom to be themselves – once they’ve learned the rules.
“Top Reasons Why Parents Should be Wary of Forcing their Worldview on a child.”
- Intelligence = Designer = Doctor, all professions require intelligence. Your Judgement, Your Perspective. It doesn’t matter what you do or how you do what we all long for is the happiness our lifestyle provides.
- You will always succeed in doing what you love, no matter what it is or how difficult the path may be.
- Let them make mistakes, its the best way to learn. You should always be there for them to assure that “everything is going to be alright” that’s your role.
- You maintain a better relationship with guidance, not force.
- Self-belief, independence & decision making are some qualities children benefit from when they are let free.
There are innumerable factors in one’s life that make certain decisions justifiable and vice versa but as parents, our decisions should always focus on what’s best for the child. If you like the article and agree to the conclusion below do take out the time to comment.
Always be there as a guiding force and let children chart their own paths. Everything is going to be alright!